Joining & Rates
The Oregon State Flying Club is a nonprofit organization committed to providing safe and inexpensive flying.
Membership Eligibility for OSFC, Inc.
Membership Eligibility in the Oregon State Flying Club falls into to one of three categories.
- Category 1 is Current students (as defined in the OSFC Board Resolutions) of Oregon State University, Linn-Benton Community College, or Linn-Benton county high schools.
- Category 2 is staff, faculty, retired employees, and alumni of Oregon State University and Linn-Benton Community College; spouses, domestic partners, parents and children of the aforementioned.
- Category 3 is anyone not meeting Category 1 or 2 criteria.
How to Join
To join, fill out the Member Application then schedule a time to meet with board member Bob Parrott to go over how the Club works, Club rules and to complete the necessary paperwork.
What to bring to the meeting:
- Proof-of-eligibility (class schedule, transcripts, staff ID, etc.)
- Drivers License
- Check or credit card for joining costs (outlined below)
- FAA Certificates & Medical (if you are a current pilot)
Joining Costs: initation fee plus first month's dues.
- Initiation fees: catagories outlined above
- Category 1: $250
- Category 2: $500
- Category 3: $1000
- $44 for first month's dues
Monthly Membership Dues
As a member there are monthly membership dues of $44 that cover fixed costs like insurance. If you do not plan on flying for a three month period or more during membership, this can be reduced to $20 per month by becoming an inactive member.
The Club currently owns three aircraft based at Corvallis Airport that are rented at operational cost.
- 1976 Cessna 172M, 4 seat - instrument equipped
- 1997 Cessna 172R Turbo Diesel, 4 seat - instrument equipped
- 2005 Cessna 172SP, 4 seat - instrument equipped with G1000 glass panel
Club Aircraft Hourly (Hobbs) Rates
The rates below are wet including fuel up to $5/gallon. There is a surcharge for fuel over $5/gallon.
- Cessna 172M: $130/hr
- Cessna 172R: $150/hr
- Cessna 172SP: $165/hr
As a member you can receive instruction in OSFC aircraft from the Club's approved flight instructors.